Monday, April 13, 2009

The Scoop

Here's the scoop on life lately-
Proposals, dresses, messes, presents, eggs, grubs & goodbyes.

Proposals: My baby sister Chelsie got one of these..
(Mine is the more tastefully sized ring to the left of the enormous rock!)

Which means she'll inherit one of these..
Sugar daddy??

And she'll also need one of these..
No peeking Shawn. Still on the hunt for the perfect one!

Messes: Our yard is in complete shambles after a water main ruptured 8 feet underground.



We will definitely need some of these..
But it was all fixed up quick thanks to a helpful father in law and some speedy plumbers!

Our 1st Easter together was wonderful. We enjoyed church and the sunshine. We agreed to just get one basket and buy a bunch of candy and fill the plastic eggs together. Half of the basket was mine and half was Rad's. But you know how it always goes with men and candy, after all, what's mine is Rad's.
We also got each other separate little presents. I got him a tie that matches his awesome real silver and turquoise cuffs we got on our honeymoon in Mexico.

He got me this frog pillow since I love green.. and pillows. It's so soft and cute and the best part is, it folds and unfolds to suit my pillowing needs.

Eggs- We dyed eggs on Easter night. We got a surprise visit from Rad's nephews who helped us out with a few. It was so much fun.



Rad made the green and orange eggs with Indian drawings and our initials, JRC

Grub- Rad and I made an awesome Easter dinner- Smoky Jalapeno Chicken (served over glazed ham) with rice, rolls, and cranberry walnut salad


Finally.. the goodbyes-

Today was bittersweet- my last day at Timpview High and the end of an internship I have loved. I have really enjoyed teaching all my students and I truly hope and feel I have made a difference. Thanks a bunch Anine- I love you! And thank you to all my students who helped me realize my potential and made me smile each day. I hope to be back there soon acting wild and crazy with Mrs. Mack!


Last of All- Reflection of the Day
A week ago was conference weekend. Rad and I were lucky enough to go up for a session and we enjoyed beautiful temple square.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, you are one special lady. I have enjoyed you so much. The students will miss you and they will wonder where you are on Monday! I want to eat your Easter Dinner! It looks fabulous! I can smell and taste it just by the way it looks. Love to you always!

    ReplyDelete