Saturday, March 28, 2009

Breadwinner

Truth is, I used to think the word "breadwinner" meant the wife of the house. It makes perfect sense- a stay at home mom who takes her freshly baked bread to a bake-off and wins a ribbon for the fluffiest or tastiest slice of homemade goodness.
Turns out it refers to the person making the money to put the bread on the table, and beginning next week, it will be me! I accepted a job offer. And for all those anxiously wondering which job I took, here it is- I am working in Nebo school district as a speech language pathologist. I start next Tuesday at Spanish Fork and Springville High Schools. In the fall I will begin at a brand new high school in Mapleton called Maple Mountain High. Meanwhile, Rad is finishing his finance degree and we will hopefully be joint breadwinners by next year.


Here's the new school- almost finished


There's the school out in the distance surrounded by nothing but open fields and mountains.

Here's a picture of maple mountain- my new office view perhaps.

Someday I will tell my kids- "I worked at the high school when all this land was nothing but open fields and farms." They'll laugh and tell me that I'm so old. I will cringe because they're right.

And to celebrate the green month for the last time till next year- My favorite green thing today: My homemade green drapes!

count 'em: 1.......................... 2
3 4
(Also LOVE the green pillows and IKEA painting)


And.. the reflection of the day
Lake powell/Colorado river while driving to Arizona

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be great at those High Schools! I love your curtains. Your house is decorated really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog looks great! And congrats again on the job...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to eat that first place bread, it looks good. You should be a good sister and make me some (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica I love the tender way you share the world with me! I want to be a better person because of YOU! You have made an impact in my life! Best wishes in your new adventure working with God's very own creations. You will feel his love every day as you see his goodness in them.

    ReplyDelete