Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sib Stories

Long before I met my Rad, there was my rad family. I love and cherish you all, even when it's hard to show. Don't worry, I know you love me too.
Here's a summary:
  • 2 parents- One talented, giving, patient mother struggling to not pull all her hair out. One tender, hardworking father trying to find his place among all the "new" responsibilities
  • 5 lovely sisters who (today at least) would do anything for each other
  • 5 tough but sensitive brothers just trying to make it through another day
As of Today: (The following is subject to change as families constantly do)
  • 7 have a spouse (soon to be more!)
  • 7 have children (that I know of), There are 31-ish children between them all (I have been an auntie since age 5)
  • 1 CRAZY family
Did we fight-- Of course, Hold a grudge-- no way. In the end all we had was each other. I'm talking about the end of her life. We held on with hope, faith, and laughter. I see us all slowly becoming who she hoped we would be, but more importantly, who we want to be. So I wanted to jot down some memories as they came to me. It's amazing how we can all laugh at them now!

So many stories to rehearse... I guess I'll start with this one. My brothers, either Chad or Ryan, had some friends who used to "relieve" themselves on the side of the house. On one occasion, I couldn't have been older than 8, I happened to go to my favorite play spot on the side of the house only to have a chance encounter with one of these fellows. I'm pretty sure he was so shocked he quickly put it away and made a mess on his plaid shorts. I proceeded to tell him that I was telling on him for ruining our purple flowers. Of course mom wasn't happy about it either. I recall her marching out there and using the term "animal" and reminding him that we
do have restrooms inside the house.

My brothers were all very fond of hanging out with their friends in a spot up near the mailbox although I'm not sure why, out of all the places or houses they could "hang out," they chose our mailbox. Sometimes it seemed like they were having full on parties with half the high school up there. Anyways, I always loved to sing although I never was very good. One night when I was about 9, Chad was hanging out with some friends in their spot and he asked me to come out and sing to them. I was probably spying on them anyways. I wouldn't put it above me-- I LOVED to tattle. Anyways I came out and they all stood around the truck and listened to me sing Selena, Dreaming of you. Talk about a bunch of pansies.

Don't worry, I have plenty more where this came from for all those that I failed to embarrass today! I love you all and wish we were all together right now. What do ya say we meet up at that old gray mailbox on McClelland? I'll bring the wacky cake,
Jenny- bring mom's brownies, Chelsie- bring the lemon bars, Logan- you bring the peanut butter cookies. For heaven's sake someone bring some meatloaf and the rest of you, make one of those giant "dining room wall" signs.
Here we all are: Tiffany, Jenny, Shane, Spencer, Chad, Ryan, Logan, Elissa, Jessica, Chelsie (click pic to enlarge)

And again with Dad (click to enlarge)

And for the Month of March- My fav green item of the day:

My Laundry Room counter tops and retro floor

Reflection of the day: Spring is creeping up on Utah- Creep quicker already, it's mid-march! I took this one driving south on I-15 headed to vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment