Friday, June 19, 2009

Love-Hate

...but mostly love

Does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with IKEA??? Even when I know I don't NEED something, like another apron for my collection, or a fly swatter to match my home decor, I want it so bad. "But it's such a good price," I always bargain with myself.

Rad HATES this store because you can't get in and out in less than an hour. I couldn't even walk that fast through the IKEA maze if I wanted to. But I still go there, even though I know they are forcing me to walk through the mad house and find things I really don't need and buy them just cause they are so cheap (and incredibly cute). I even still go there after being accused of stealing a $2 lantern (which I most definitely paid for) by an employee when I tried to return it without a receipt. He gave me my $2 after telling me that I was the one who had to live with myself at the end of the day. Don't worry guy, I go to sleep at night just fine. Go have a chat with the Home Depot bandits why don't you.

But the purpose of this post was to exclaim a find I found for a friend while exploring this dreadfully fantastic store:

Dearest Anine,

If I had $500, I know what I'd buy you. This.. because it is perfect for your growing family. You NEED it! And I want to come over and sit at it and eat a meal with you. Seats 10-14 people with 2 removable leafs. Think about it.. that's all I'm saying.


3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Ikea :) And Cody shudders whenever I mention going . . . boys just don't understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jessica,

    That is the sweetest thing ever! You remembered! I seriously almost bought something this summer, but didn't have the money. I may really consider this!!!!!!! I love you so much. I do feel like a mother of sorts, i hope you are not offended by that. But you are so beautiful and i want so much for you to know that i am so proud of you and want you to know how wonderful you are. You are so talented! I hope you read this soon! LOVES!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I remembered your need for an adequately sized table. Hope you get it someday! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete