Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Green

So I may not be all that "green" in the environmental sense (In my defense I do try to recycle and I don't purposely litter) but I am addicted to the color. I see in green, I think in green.. It's my inspiration. It gives me energy and life. It makes me smile. My house is a shrine to it in fact. Don't believe me? Ask my sweet husband Rad. He has very patiently put up with my green fetish, although I secretly think he hopes I will outgrow it sooner or later.

Why green? First off, I love trees, grass, nature. I may end up living in the desolate land of Arizona someday, so I am taking in all the green I can right now... not that I am dissing rock lawns or anything. I Grew up in perfectly sunny, warm and green Southern California, hearing my mom say each morning, "What a gorgeous day!" That was her though--enjoyed every moment of her too short life. I on the other hand took for granted the monotonous perfection of each sunrise and sunset. I sure do appreciate it now. I have lived in Utah for the past 7 years and sure it's great, it's even green, but the summers are too hot and the winters are too cold and don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. Still beautiful though. A ten minute drive and I'm hiking underneath waterfalls, in 15 minutes I'm on the slopes in wintry heaven, and of course, nothing beats the 5 minutes to the I-15, one of the only freeways in Utah. So beat that California.............................I guess I am a little bit green.
My Beautiful, green laptop. The very thing I am typing on right now.

1 comment:

  1. How appropriate with your green fetish to have met each other on St. Patrick's Day. I love the blog, it is very very cute.

    ReplyDelete